Thursday, March 10, 2011

Candle Sweaters

I had the sleeves and turtleneck leftover from the pillow covers and mittens. I absolutely cannot let a good sweater go to waste. I used the sleeves to cover to glass candle holders and the turtle neck on a rectangular glass that holds my finished cards.


Since I only had the red sweater, I just mixed it into my current decor. However, think of all the ways you could decorate using a sweater sleeve. Probably not what you were going to use your brain for today, huh?
Here I used the containers for craft storage. I used the tall container to hold dowel rods and finished paper medallions. The small container is holding paint brushes. (Don't forget that super cute 'Blessings' wooden plaque is for sale in my Etsy shop.)
If you don't have any tall glass cylinders on hand you can always use a clean Pringles can! I know, genius! Use the short Pringles can for a little depth while decorating. I think this would be cute if a green sweater sleeve was used for St Pat's or a yellow sweater sleeve used for Easter. I think I need to take a trip to the thrift store soon.
Remember to comment if you like what you see! I love comments!

2 comments:

  1. I just found you through Strut Your Stuff Thursday and am so glad I did! I LOVE these candle sweaters! I am so doing these for my house. :)

    Stop by my blog when you have a chance! I'd love to have you as a follower :) Keep the craftiness coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super cute! Love how cozy they are!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete