Sunday, December 5, 2010

Star Ornament has become a BANNER!

Remember this guy? I originally made him as a stand alone ornament. However, I love him too much to leave him alone.

So now he has a whole family of friends. I felt like the red didn't pop enough so I wrapped the glitter sticks around the medallions for the extra WOW factor.

I wanted a vintage style font to match the vintage feel of the Santa's. The letters are Egyptienne Zierinitialien font. Which can be downloaded here.
I found this vintage Santa at The Grapics Fairy. If you haven't been to her site, you have to check it out. There are so many great downloads.


I love the overall feel of the banner. It's very glitzy and glamorous. The paper on the star is a glittered green from My Mind's Eye. The sheet music I copied from an old piano book of my own. It is actually Santa Baby. I distress it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in tea dye. The Joy letters and the vintage Santa were printed on ivory paper.
If you like what you see please leave a comment. TFL!







2 comments:

  1. I love the style of this. The letters are gorgeous! Nice work!

    Happy Holidays!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, love it :)

    ReplyDelete