Friday, January 21, 2011

'HUG' Valentine Decor

I have a frame with 3 openings in it and every holiday I try to make something cute and festive to go inside it. Here's what I came up with for Valetine's day. It is very hard to photograph the frame so I have taken them out of the frame for the following pictures.
The pink paper is from DCWV the "HUG" letters are from K&Company. The hug was also cut using the Lyrical Letters cartridge on my Cricut Expression.
I love these hearts. They are whimsy and fun. I cut them with the Cricut Home Decor cartridge and used Glimmer Mist in Tattered Leather to get the brown aged color. I am loving Glimmer Mist. I spritz on just about anything I can.

Lastly I used crepe paper streamers to make the ruffle. They were white before I spritzed it with the Glimmer mist.
I'm very happy with the outcome. It's not too cutesy or too pink.

2 comments:

  1. This is very sweet! Love the papers!
    Thank you for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you are going to lnk up next week!
    Alliemakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete