Sunday, January 30, 2011

Teacher Gifts

My boys are only in their first year of school and already I'm thinking of teacher's gifts. I love to see the look on their face when you give them something they need and want. (Please forgive the terrible photos, we were losing daylight and I really wanted to share these with you.)
We still have a full blanket of snow on the ground so I didn't feel bad using my holiday paper. The adorable snowmen and polka dots are from My Mind's Eye. These are not double sided papers so I had to glue them together. I'll tell you more about that later.
This paper is double sided. It is from K&Company. The 'thank you' is cut from cardstock and then I used modge podge & glitter to make it sparkle.
Here's and inside peek at the markers. I love that it holds them perfectly and it can stand up and be a decoration as well as a gift.
Now, this is why you want to use double sided paper. It is not so pretty inside. Here's a quick 'how to':
1. Cut your paper 12"x6"
2. Score vertically at 1.5", 2.5", 4.5" and 5.5"
3. Score horizontally at 1"
Fold on all your score lines. The first 7.5" of the horizontal score will be folded for the bottom of your box. The remaining 4.5" will be cut off. Tape or glue together and you have a great little teacher's gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment